Rookie rankings revisitedmy opinion on this year's rookie class as fantasy prospects. Here is a quick update on how I see it now.
Tier 1 - Probable starters and possible big contributors
1) Blake Griffin - College monster looks to be the real thing so far in LA.
2) Jonny Flynn - Will be relied upon from the beginning as one of the primary options in Minnesota
3) Tyreke Evans - Looks to be starter in Sacramento, has had a good preseason including one near triple-double game. Could struggle with field goal percentage and turnovers, though.
4) Stephen Curry - Role still not defined, but should get minutes and lots of shots in Golden State
Tier 2 - Good preseason back-ups or borderline starters
5) DeMar DeRozan - Good preseason after expecting to be a future project. Has started some games due to Raptors injuries, and may have done enough to keep the job
6) James Harden - Fighting for minutes with Thabo Sefolosha; not the greatest preseason but just makes sense as the starter of the future next to young nucleus
7) Brandon Jennings - Big upside but very raw, could be bench warmer or eventual starter in the Ramon Sessions mold
8) DeJuan Blair - Huge preseason, appears healthy and NBA ready, behind Tim Duncan and Antonio McDyess in San Antonio
9) Taj Gibson - Big preseason, could steal starting PF job from Ty Thomas
10) Jeff Teague - Big preseason, but 4th guard in ATL
11) Earl Clark - Bigger minutes in Phoenix with Robin Lopez out, still backup big
Tier 3 - Shots in the dark
12) Jordan Hill - Did well in Vegas summer league, hasn-t made much noise in preseason.
13) Terrence Williams - Very up and down in NJ. The wings in NJ aren't strong so he could earn minutes, or he could be deemed not ready
14) Hasheem Thabeet - Questionable upside due to lack of offense and questions about pro readiness, but could at some point end up starting center with solid boards and blocks
15) Austin Daye - Backing up Tayshaun Prince, but has had a good preseason and could be an injury away from more PT