NHL Playoff Observations -- Wednesday
- By: Janet Eagleson
- On: 5/9/2013 5:42:00 PM
- View Comments : 0
Related: Janet Eagleson Anaheim Mighty Ducks Boston Bruins Detroit Redwings Los Angeles Kings Minnesota Wild Montreal Canadiens New York Rangers St. Louis Blues Toronto Maple Leafs Vancouver Canucks Washington Capitals NHL
- Read my lips, Dion Phaneuf – hit the guy if you’re going to pinch. Better yet, DO NOT PINCH. He’s a decent player, but a crappy decision maker. Yikes.
- David Krejci is money in the bank in the postseason. His hattie was just his third, three-point effort in his last four games. Ten points in four games. Wow.
- Breaking news, Toronto fans. Elisa Cuthbert (fiancé of Dion Phaneuf) was not giving April Reimer (wife of James) the stink-eye after the winning goal. Gotta love this market.
- Chip and wait. Chip and wait. Gravol couldn’t have made the third period better in the Kings-Blues’ game. The Kings did everything to bring the game to a halt. It worked for 19:15. Thank the hockey gods for overtime, Kings’ fans.
- I took Bobby Ryan (three points) and Corey Perry (one point) in my playoff pool. I should have taken Nick Bonino and Kyle Palmieri (four points each). Sigh.
- Speaking of Palmieri – you got Kronwalled. Man, Niklas Kronwall can hit. And I loved the fans’ chant/taunts afterward. Palmieri will know exactly where that guy is from this point on.
- Who would have thought that we’d see a night when Peter Budaj, Tomas Vokoun and Josh Harding were all in net? And to think it could have been Darcy Kuemper instead of Harding. #NHLBackupsBetter.
- Two series are on the line tonight and I’ll be on the ice when the results from the first come in. I ask you this – will the Habs shake things up like the Canucks say they will?