NHL Playoff Observations -- Wednesday (24th)
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Maxim Lapierre pulled a Matt Cooke, except Patrick Sharp wasn't hurt. But is it really any different? And should he still have been in the game late in the second when he notched the tying goal? Discuss.
- Paul Martin, postseason leading scorer. WTF? Seriously -- check the list.
- Is Sidney Crosby at 75 per cent an asset or a liability? It took him 200 ft to get to 30 km/hr on a puck pursuit. His usual top speed is 37-plus and he hits that by the time he hits his own blue line. Uh oh.
- OK, so what's the drill with the Jackets and Pens? Four games. Four 3-1 leads. And four 4-3 losses. Moral of the story? DO NOT score first.
- Jonathan Toews. He just picked up the Hawks and carried them in the second half of the third period. He's the best of his era and the best since Mark Messier. Maybe even better.