NHL Playoff Observations -- Thursday
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Brad Richards, popcorn vendor? I know he has struggled, but there's no way be should be in the press box. No bloody way.
- Patrick Kane just hasn't been good enough. Three shifts in the last 11 minutes? And the last was after the empty netter? Where's the fire in the belly? He's giving up way too easily.
- Tuukka Rask really shouldn't give up hockey for figure skating. That triple flip he attempted left him flat on his arse and got Carl Hagelin off the schneid.
- Why is it that we say we love honesty and hate the pre-packaged sound bites from players, but lose our minds when Daniel Alfredsson delivers the former? He was completely defeated after that 7-2 shellacking. It showed.
- Are the Wings this year's version of the Kings? Discuss.
- Torey Krug, superstar? Four games and three goals. And four points. He's not intimidated by his opposition. I've said it before -- file his name for next year's draft.
- I have to admit this -- Jimmy Howard is a whole lot better than what I thought. A lot better.
- 9:40 left in the second period and there still wasn't a scoring chance registered to the Sharks ... in the entire game. They've played well this postseason, but the offense has to come from some where.