NHL Playoff Observations -- The Cup Is Set
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Three of the Kings' five goals were scored when blocked shots went wrong. Don Cherry is right in this case -- make damn sure you block it or get out of the bloody way.
- Two more points for Justin Williams. Most points EVER in the history of Game 7s. Seriously.
- Brandon Saad -- nine points, including four goals, in seven games against the tough Kings. #futurestar
- I need to give Jonathan Quick credit. He looked downright awful in the first period, but battled his way back to a 37-save performance.
- The Kings and Hawks absolutely beat each other up. Then again, that was the case in every Western Conference series. The Rangers were barely bruised on their trip to the Finals. I wonder if the Kings will have any strength left ...
- I was cursing the TV (loudly, I might add) when Justin Williams netted that winner. But I actually picked the Kings to win the Cup, so it's time to shut up and put up.