NHL Playoff Observations -- Stanley Cup Final: No Sweep
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- So, the Kings get to lift the Cup on home ice. Isn't that sweet. Then again, the Rangers could have been lifting the silver chalice tonight. They've played well, but have almost nothing to show for it.
- How many times can a puck stop on the goal line if a puck could stop on a goal line? Now I understand why my beer league goalie is always scraping the crease and piling the snow along the goal line and in a pile at each post ...
- Did we see a new and improved Henrik Lundqvist on Wednesday night? He was out at the top of his crease, cutting down angles. I guess even leopards can change their spots, particularly when they're desperate.
- This is the best hockey I think I've ever seen Jeff Carter play. You?
- Dan Girardi almost left Madison Square wearing goat horns again. I felt for the guy when his stick snapped, allowing Dustin Brown to escape on a breakaway. Some guys have absolutely no luck.