NHL Playoff Observations -- Stanley Cup Final Game 1
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Three goals, all on the blocker side. Coincidence or a chink in King Henrik Lundqvist's armor?
- Note to the Rangers -- keep your foot on your opponent's throat once you have it there. Do not take pity on them. Do not let them up.
- Yoo-hoo, Ryan McDonagh -- I know you like to join the rush, but you can't leave the zone before the puck. You are not Ilya Kovalchuk. You need to hang out with your partner. You know, Dan Girardi, the guy who's getting blamed for giving the puck away on the winner. The same guy who was left high and dry with three Kings bearing down on him. Yah, him.
- Hey, do you know if Rick Nash played tonight? Spit.
- Justin Williams. Wow. He set up the tying goal and netted the winner. And it wasn't even Game 7.
- The Rangers will not win a single game if the shot differential is 17-2 in favor of their opponent with two minutes left in a period. Just stating the obvious.
- #prayformoncton. It was hard to watch hockey knowing that five RCMP officers were shot, three fatally, tonight in Moncton, New Brunswick.