NHL Playoff Observations -- Saturday
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Isn't it interesting that the final four could be comprised of the last four Stanley Cup winners? Or four of the last five? Parity has been the catch phrase of the NHL for years, but that smells like dominance to me.
- Will they or won't they ... buy out Brad Richards, that is. The guy can still play, but not for Torts. And the Rangers cannot afford that horrific contract.
- Is it just me or did Milan Lucic look like he turned on the nitrous oxide Saturday night? The big man can skate, but he's a little like a lion -- intense bursts and then he needs to go lie down for a bit.
- Torey Krug is living the dream. Just don't overrate his prospect status. He's good, but not this good. Others are doing the heavy lifting.
- Does Glen Sather have the onions to fire Tortorella? Will Henrik Lundqvist ever win a Stanley Cup?