NHL Playoff Observations -- Round Two Wednesday
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Patrick Sharp is 31-3 this season. Yes, the Hawks have only lost three times with him in the lineup. Wow.
- Moths to a light -- the Wings were puck focused all night long. That will change next game ... might not change the outcome by much, though.
- Justin Abdelkader got in Dave Bolland's face at the mid-point of the second period. What a mistake. Bolland is a heart and soul guy for the Hawks and he'd been sleepwalking until that point. He was wide awake -- and dominant -- from that point forward.
- Speaking of Bolland, he's going to be having a breakaway nightmare for weeks. Yes, Jimmy Howard make a good save, but c'mon Davey Boy -- how'd you miss that yawning net?
- And speaking of misses, how did Pavel Datsyuk not get a shot on net? Shoot, man, SHOOT!
- Jonathan Toews has just three assists in six postseason games, yet the Hawks have just one loss. What happens when his offense wakes up?
- Back to Jimmy Howard. He was the best Wing on the ice. He needs help if the Wings are to do anything this series.
- Michigan Avenue -- Johnny Oduya walked right down the Magnificent Mile and drained the winner. The seam that opened for him was as wide as that six-lane street ... and almost as beautiful as far as Hawks' fans go.