NHL Playoff Observations -- Round Two Tuesday
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- The Kings and the Blackhawks are the class of the league. The Bruins are a step behind them. The rest? They might as well be in the AHL.
- Has Marc-Andre Fleury exorcized his demons? I thought not. Neither has Ilya Bryzgalov.
- David Krejci lined up against Pavel Datsyuk in the first series and now has Thomas Plekanec to manage. So, the three points in eight games makes complete sense. Too bad I didn't have that sense when I picked him for my playoff pool.
- And the Wild lead by three. I didn't think I'd ever hear that this series.
- Peter Laviolette in Nashville? Now THAT'S a change. The ice has tilted.
- Speaking of Marian Gaborik -- there's proof positive that an offensively-brilliant player can excel in a defensive system. He has six goals and three assists in his last seven games. Gabby, get thy name on a contract extension right now. You have what is called #fit
- Tyler Toffoli is going to be a star in this league. Not a superstar, but a star nonetheless.
- Yoo-hoo, Rick Nash -- are you going to start giving back some of that big salary soon? You're the invisible man. Even Sidney Crosby got the monkey off his back.
- The Kings and the Blackhawks are the class of the league. The Bruins are a step behind them. The rest? The AHL.
- I held my breath when Jonathan Toews took that shot to the helmet in the third period. He seems OK, but that history of concussions ...