NHL Playoff Observations -- Round Two Thursday
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Matt Fraser -- the first player to score OT winners in both the AHL and NHL playoffs in the same season. #livingthedream.
- The Leafs re-upped Randy Carlyle. Really? Was firing all of his assistants, including "his" guys, a not-so-subtle signal that he needs to reinvent himself? Does a leopard ever change his spots?
- Stating the obvious, the Habs win the series if Carey Price is consistently better than Tuukka Rask. It was a saw-off tonight. The Bruins win if there are more of those.
- God speed, Martin St. Louis. Losing your mom so suddenly will leave a hole in your heart you think will never heal.
- Corey Perry really is a twerp. He was taught by the best (Dale Hunter). We hate them, but would love them on our squad.
- I've seen some bad suits on hockey commentators, including a plaid number on John Shannon on the Hockey Central desk earlier in the week. But Cassie Campbell-Pascall's jockey-inspired polka dots were something else on Wednesday night.
- I've been complaining (rightfully so, if I do say so myself) about Rick Nash's impression of the Invisible Man. But I could easily substitute James Neal's name in the same conversation. Brandon Sutter is outscoring both of them.
- Over-under $7.5 million for P.K. Subban's new contract? I hope under given his comparables right now (Drew Doughty, Duncan Keith et al). Even $7 mil would reset the market for defenders.
- Whose fault is it when a team makes horrific mistakes on line changes? The Ducks or their coach? Yikes.