NHL Playoff Observations -- Round Two Sunday
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Come here; go away. No, come here. No, no, no -- go AWAY. OK, come here. It's every fan's love affair with Marc-Andre Fleury.
- Bryan Bickell has three goals against the Wild. The Wild have three goals against the Hawks. Just saying. BTW, how much as the Wild paying those two big free agents?
- Welcome back, Kris Letang -- he finally looks like he's back in the groove with a three-point game. He was jumping into the play and he was down by the goal line several times. Sidney Crosby is starting to look like he might finally be finding a groove. Sort of.
- Why does it feel like the Hawks are like the big guy in the playground who simply puts his hand on the little guy's head and lets him flail wildly, never making contact? Why? Well, because that's exactly what's going on. Wow. Do I jinx them if I call a Hawks' sweep?
- Was it just me or was Henrik Lundqvist the only Ranger to show up on Sunday night?
- I picked L.A. and Chicago, and Boston and Pittsburgh to be the NHL's final four. So far, so good. But why the heck am I cheering for the Habs.