NHL Playoff Observations -- Round Two Monday
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Joel Quenneville managed to successfully get Jonathan Toews away from Henrik Zetterberg again. And this time, he did it in Detroit's barn. The tide has turned.
- Jumbo Joe Thornton isn't the playoff pushover he was with Boston. And he could help carry the toothed teals further than they've ever been before.
- T.J. Galiardi picked a fine time to snag his first NHL playoff goal. That wrister from the faceoff circle will likely become a one-on-four razzle-dazzle that went top cheddar by the time he's a grandfather ...
- What's the over-under on the time Sidney Crosby gets his first face wash? Bye-bye, jaw protector. Hello, extra strength Advil.
- Speaking of Sid Kid -- he has 15 points in 10 games with that plastic protector. What's possible without it? Wow.
- I fully expected to see Carlo Colaiacovo limp off and never return after taking that shot off his ankle. Instead, he fully recovered to hack Michael Frolik on that breakaway ...