NHL Playoff Observations -- Round Two Is Over
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. I'm talking about you, Brent Seabrook. It's a rare day when you score the game winner twice ... in the same game.
- Block the shot or get out of the bloody way. Niklas Kronwall is going to be seeing that one in his sleep for a long, long time.
- Justin Williams is a Game 7 beast. Some guys wilt in that spotlight. Guys like Williams step up large every time.
- Back to Seabrook -- how sweet was that goal? He went from goat to hero in the same series.
- What's the over-under on the number of days before John Tortorella joins Larry Brooks on the media side of the ledger? And how long before we tire of him there, too?
- Joel Quenneville would have lost his job had the Hawks lost. Some things just don't make sense.
- There was a huge uproar a few years ago when the CBC moved Bob Cole off their top broadcast team, but it's pretty evident why that happened. He just doesn't get things right. Sad. The legacy is eroding with every period called.
- So, do the Sharks blow things up or not? Funny thing is they did that already and it didn't work. What's next?
- The Hawks will have their hands full with the Kings. Those big boys from the left coast hit damn hard.
- Will Jarome Iginla get his shot at the Cup? We'll have to see if he picked the right team.