NHL Playoff Observations -- Round Two, Games 1
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Hey Tuukka Rask -- pucks are not flies. Stop slapping at them. You'll miss them. Every time.
- Don't blame the Bruins -- or their real fans -- for the vitriolic and racist tweets of cowardly, boneheaded trolls who haven't got enough self-respect to live somewhere other than their mother's basement. P.K. Subban is having a brilliant postseason. Real Bruins fan respect that. And they'd want him in black and gold if he came on the market.
- Yoo-hoo, Jonathan Quick. Your crease is over there. Yah, waaaaay over there. That overaggressiveness cost Team USA a medal at the Olympics. Don't let it derail your Cup hopes, too.
- Is it me or is does Bryan Bickell have a big butt? Maybe it just looks that way given how close it is to the net cam. Two goals? He's at it again.
- Patrick Kane has four goals and seven points in his last four games. 'Bout time you showed up. Now keep it that way.
- Surely the Wild can find a hyperbaric chamber. They need to stick Darcy Kuemper in and turn it on high. Otherwise, they'll be sticking a Flakie between the pipes. Oh wait -- that might just be a Canadian joke.
- Brent Seabrook might be slow of foot and brain, but the dude has two points in each of the four games he's played.
- I thought the first round would be the best hockey, but the Bruins-Habs matchup has been absolutely outstanding. I can't take my eyes off it. You?
- Benoit Pouliot, Mats Zuccarello and Derick Brassard combined for 14 points in four regular-season games against the Pens and they had three more in Game 1. And that included the game's opening goal and the winning goal. #penguinsdown?
- Sidney Crosby is a shell of himself. His commit on the back check was Ovechkian in Game 1. And he ended up minus-3. Is 75-80% of Sid the Kid really better than 100% of healthy, league-average skater? The answer is getting to be a lot closer than I ever thought it'd be.
- Does John Gibson start for the Ducks next season? I think so, too.
- Back to Tuukka Rask. How much of his game is his and how much is the Bruins? Sometimes the goalie makes the team and then sometimes the team makes the goalie. Just saying.