NHL Playoff Observations -- Round 2 Saturday
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- So ... you land here from outer space and you've never seen hockey. You've dropped into New York and you're watching the Rangers. Is it fair that you think Mats Zuccarello is a much better player than Rick Nash?
- The Hawks had their boots on the Wild's throat. What the heck happened in Minny? I know it's cold there, but is it scary, too?
- Does Shawn Thornton get fined for squirting water on P.K. Subban as he skated by the bench late in the third? Subban would if the roles were reversed.
- What was that thing about home ice advantage? I'm not sure those guys in California get it.
- Derick Brassard, where have you been this postseason? Oh right ... sleepwalking. He had two points in nine games before Friday night.
- James Reimer needed that loss to France like a hole in the head. #nonconfidencevote.