NHL Playoff Observations -- Pens on the Ropes
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Repeat after me -- Jarome Iginla does not belong in black and gold. And that's not because I'm a Flames' fan. He has never fit into the Pens system and looks lost. That whistling sound you hear is the air coming out of his FA value.
- Tomas Vokoun is awfully lucky that Milan Lucic didn't crush him on that net drive in OT. Lucic is 230 lbs of brick shit house and was hammering hard.
- Marc Andre Fleury will either be bought out or traded this offseason. Mark my words. He's done in Pittsburgh.
- The Pens didn't lose because of Tomas Vokoun (despite the fact he was a little deep in net on the winner). Mind you, he might be just as likely to score a goal as any other player on his team. Two in three games? C'mon guys.
- Hands up if you thought Slava Voynov would have a better season -- and postseason -- than Drew Doughty. Yah, me neither.
- Back to Krejci. Keeper leaguers should use this performance to leverage a trade. You might just find someone who figures his postseason performance foreshadows a 2013-14 breakout. It won't, but they don't need to know that.
- Sacrifice. That's what Gregory Campbell did when offered his body to block that shot. You have to wonder what he broke or dislocated absorbing that force.
- Can the Hawks win a road game this series? Probably. But what's the probability of the Kings doing the same? Oh boy.