NHL Playoff Observations -- One Down, One to Go
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Was that Dominic Hasek inside Henrik Lundqvist's equipment? Holy twist/roll/backflip blocker save, eh! He was lucky he didn't accidentally score an own goal.
- Every year, there's a foreshadowing of future greatness one or two young players. Is Brandon Saad this year's version? I like what I see. A lot.
- There's been plenty of attention given to the inspiration provided to the Rangers by the death of Martin St. Louis' mother. But we shouldn't forget Dominic Moore -- he of the game and series winner -- and the crushing loss of his wife less than 18 month ago. It's hard to quantify the inspiration, but if the similarly inspired Edmonton Oil Kings can win a Memorial Cup ...
- Has anyone really responded effectively when the Kings turn up the heat? Down 3-1 to up 4-3 in about one period. Yikes.
- Twenty six. That's the number of days between multi-point games for Patrick Kane. Glad you showed up, dude.
- So ... Vancouver fans. Have you noticed Alain Vigneault and the job he's been doing? His success is almost reason enough to cheer for the Rangers (and rub it in your face).