NHL Playoff Observations -- Headed to Game 7
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- How is it that the deeper the Hawks go in a series, the better they get? They're 13-0 in games five, six and seven over the last two years. #clutch.
- Two words: Patrick Kane. No, Patrick FREAKING Kane. Four assists last game and now two goals and an assist this one? He had one point in his first four games this series. Conn Smythe ... again?
- Are Drew Doughty and Duncan Keith the best two defenders in the NHL today? Oh, sorry -- that was rhetorical. My bad.
- Was this L.A.'s Game 7? Can they win three straight series with Game 7 wins? I just dunno. The United Center is loud and proud, and mighty hard to play in.
- Corey Crawford's game gets better when he's pissed. Jonathan Quick's? Not so much.
- Jonathan Quick probably only knows Andrew Shaw's butt, not his face. Play after play, he parked his carcass on the edge of the blue pain and showed Quick his backside. And as my mother would say, he made a much better door than window. His contributions don't always come in points. But they will win you hockey games.
- Do not call or e-mail after 8 p.m. Eastern on Sunday. I will not answer. I can't wait.