NHL Playoff Observations -- Friday
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Pavel Datsyuk. "Datsyuked." I'm going to just leave it at that. Wow.
- The window has already closed for the Tampa Bay Lightning. They really needed to take Game 1; that's when Carey Price was a bit shaky. He wasn't Friday night and he won't be the rest of the way. Bu-bye, Bolts. That players only meeting last night ain't gonna help.
- David Desharnais had 52 points this season. Fifty-one of those came in his last 60 games (yah, that's how bad a start he actually had). I'm kind of sorry I didn't pick him in my playoff pool.
- Ho-hum -- just another 48 hours in the life of a Conn Smythe forerunner. Ryan Getzlaf took a slapper to the face, got all stitched up (but looked like a Neanderthal), helped deliver his third child and -- don't forget -- put an entire hockey team on his back and carried them to two victories. I have him on two keeper rosters. #untouchable
- Back to the lead -- Danny DeKeyser is still trying to get his boys back down out of his tonsils. And the league won't be able to do a damn thing -- they didn't even call Lucic when he speared a couple guys in the regular season. They have no leg to stand on now.