NHL Playoff Observations -- Cup Runneth Over
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Is Corey Crawford the Rodney Dangerfield of NHL twinetenders? He don't get no respect.
- June 9 sure is a big day for Patrick Kane. A natural hat trick sends the Hawks to the final. Three years ago, his goal delivered a Cup ... on exactly the same day.
- So Jonathan Quick is human. Go figure. It was just a bad game to have it happen.
- I can't wait to see Andrew Shaw against Brad Marchand. It's like a double dose of dirtbag, albeit dirtbag "lite" vs. twerp dirtbag. Ken "The Rat" Linseman would be so proud.
- Dallas Eakins appears to be headed to Alberta to coach the Oilers. He's great with young players. Fans in the Oil Patch will be very, very happy, very, very soon.
- Jonathan Toews may be Captain Serious, but he plays with a ferocity of emotion that could explode at any moment. At least he kept it at a near-boil Saturday night. But man, he's intense.
- Help me out with this. Mike Richards suffered a concussion in Game 1, but he was back on the ice Saturday night. Before the game, his coach said he was 50-50, at best. So much for the quiet room and all the concussion protocols, eh? And then along comes Andrew Shaw (again). This could be a queasy offseason Mikey.
- The Stars inked Sergei Gonchar to a two-year, $10 million deal. Don't they know he struggles mightily the first year he wears a new jersey?