NHL Playoff Observations -- Conference Finals Thursday
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Puck luck. That's what you get when you just fire the puck at the net, Montreal. Good things happen ... like Alexander Galchenyuk scoring with his eye teeth. #takewhatyouget
- Six straight. L.A. out-Chicagoed Chicago. Wow.
- And now from the land of one bulb short of a tanning bed we have two nominees for weenie of the night. Brandon Prust -- WTF were you thinking? Daniel Carcillo -- linesmen do not respond to the full court press. Just use a regular pickup line next time. #nhlsuspensions
- Grand Theft Hockey. That's the game Dustin Torkarski played to perfection Thursday night. Is it possible? He's won everywhere else he's gone ...
- Gary Bettman was named Sports Executive of the Year by the Sports Business Journal Awards. What does that mean exactly?
- One game after I was crowing about Corey Crawford being underrated, the stiff allowed six straight goals, including four on 11 shots in the third. Now he scares me a little.
- "It turned into a disaster." "(We) took our foot off the gas." I'm not sure what happened to my Hawks, but I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it with phrasing like that. Something fell apart quite dramatically and it was more than letting off the gas. Yikes.