NHL Playoff Observations -- Conference Finals Nearing End?
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- #outofgas. Chicago and Montreal. Sad really. I wanted that final.
- Jake Muzzin: five goals in 18 playoff games. It took him 76 to hit that mark in the regular season. Sell high. Just because Frank the Tank has a Muzzin jersey doesn't mean you should, too.
- Dustin Tokarski was outstanding Sunday night. Just like he was Thursday, except for that little thing called a win.
- 2014 Kings >> 2012 Kings. No, really.
- Postseason goal leader Marian Gaborik -- yes, Marian Gaborik -- netted his 10th. Will the Kings get a so-called hometown discount in free agency? He'd be smart to take a little less to stay there. Gabby has finally found a home.
- How many more wins will it take Henrik Lundqvist to cement him as the best goalie in Rangers' history? Ed Giacomin never won a Cup, but won a Vezina, had his jersey retired and was voted into the Hall of Fame. Mike Richter won 301 games and a Stanley Cup. One more win and King Henrik will have surpassed both. Discuss.
- Back to Tokarski. He was beaten Sunday on three perfect shots. That's how precise the Rangers had to be to solve him. The kid really does have a future. He'll back up Carey Price next season.
- The Edmonton Oil Kings won the Memorial Cup under the inspiration of teammate Kristian Pelss who drowned last summer. Will the Rangers do the same for Marty St. Louis' mother?