NHL Playoff Observations -- Conference Finals Monday
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Four and done? I HATE the thought of the Rangers skating their way into the Cup Finals. Spit.
- Corey Crawford -- the Rodney Dangerfield of goalies. He don't get no respect. Pity. The guy has been dialled in for a few years now and people still doubt him.
- The Caps caught a break with Alexander Ovechkin's knee. That hit had ACL written all over it. The team says there are no torn ligaments and he'll be ready by training camp. #timetoexhale.
- Dustin Tokarski can really only be blamed for one goal. But he hadn't played in a month and he spent Sunday's game way too deep in the net. Peter Budaj will be in the cage next game, for better or worse. Shudder.
- It's depressing to see Carey Price perched up high in the press box. I really wanted to see him go toe-to-toe with Henrik Lundqvist in a battle of two of the best. I guess you really can't always get what you want.
- Back to the Caps. I thought an injury to Alexander the Gr8 would be the fans' greatest nightmare. But then I heard reports that Barry Trotz is on the top of the team's wish list for coach. Yikes.
- Dustin Brown discovered a brick wall named Marian Hossa on Saturday. Turnaround is fair play, eh, Dustin? I'm sure there's an ointment for that bruise.
- Goalie for sale. Cheap. Name? Ryan Miller. That experiment lasted about as long as I thought it would. Hmmm ... Anaheim? It'd be a dream come true for the love-struck fella, whose wife is an actress/supermodel on the left coast. Living left might just help his game ...