NHL Playoff Observations -- Brooms Come Out
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Best save of the night? Zdeno Chara's backhanded snag in the last minute. That stung, but not as much as it would have had the puck found twine.
- Tuukka Rask, second-best goalie in the world or just lucky? Discuss.
- Patrick Kane finally showed up Thursday night. He even back checked. Amazing.
- Kaspars Daugavins, where have you been all my life? That inside-out toe drag got you right into the slot and you almost found twine. I didn't know you had that in you.
- The Penguins scored twice in four games. The offensively constricted Kings have already scored eight. Just saying.
- The Bruins joined the NHL in 1924, the Hawks arrived in 1926 and the Original Six era began in 1942-1943. If the Hawks push through, those two teams will face each other in the finals for the first time ever. How did that happen? Oh right -- there were haves and have nots in the Original Six, too.