NHL Playoff Observations -- Thursday
- By: Janet Eagleson
- On: 4/19/2012 8:26:00 PM
- View Comments : 0
Related: Janet Eagleson Boston Bruins Calgary Flames Chicago Blackhawks Florida Panthers New Jersey Devils Phoenix Coyotes San Jose Sharks St. Louis Blues Toronto Maple Leafs Vancouver Canucks Washington Capitals NHL
- Dave Bolland is money in the bank. So, it seems, is Mikkel Boedker. Corey Crawford, on the other hand ...
- Braden Holtby was phenomenal but keeper leaguers need to keep some perspective -- he is NOT the second-coming of Ken Dryden. But you may find a myopic trade partner who'll buy at that price.
- Martin Brodeur picked up a 2-4 ... shutouts, that is. And that's good enough to put him in sole possession of the all-time postseason shutout mark, ahead of Patrick Roy. Nice bounce-back after Tuesday's debacle.
- Biz-Nasty or biz-stupid? Paul Bissonnette might be a Twitter hottie but leaving your fight strap undone? His night ended after a measly 13 seconds on the ice.
- Alexander Semin is sure trying to increase his free agent value, eh? I still wouldn't sign him.
- Alexander Ovechkin looked like a ping pong ball, bouncing off Zdeno Chara like that. When he got back to the bench, he looked like someone who sat down before realizing the toilet seat was up.
- Rumor of the day on Toronto sports radio? Not only will Roberto Luongo be available on the trade market but so will Miikka Kiprusoff and Tim Thomas. And the Leafs will get one of them. I almost drove off the road I was laughing so hard.
- So, Hawks' coach Joel Quenneville got fined $10,000 for spouting off at the refs after they missed the Raffi Torres hit. I wonder what Torres will get tomorrow?
- I really wish I'd taken Patrik Berglund in my playoff pools. Every year, there's a guy who breaks out. He could be it.
- Postseason goaltenders have either been white hot or stone cold. Whatever happened to simply steady? Wow.