NFBC Week #13 FAAB ResultsYasmani Grandal topped the bidding in one league and was second in the other. I'm dubious it'll pay of this season - he debuted in Coors Field, after all, meaning that his owners have already missed two Coors trips, and of course he'll play his home games in Petco Park.
I landed one guy I've already owned, then won the services of Jim Thome. More after the jump.
Main Event (119 points, 1/15; 3,356 points overall, 5/420); $374 FAAB remaining.
Team Player Bid Runner-Up
Texas Connection Yasmani Grandal (C) 104 103
Velociraptors of Victory Jared Burton (MR) 45 44
DiamondKing Henderson Alvarez (SP) 41
Team Erickson Zach McAllister (SP) 31 4
Low Talkers Ryan Theriot (2B) 28
Yesterday's News 2 A.J. Griffin (SP) 27 1
Yesterday's News 2 Chris Carter (1B) 17 4
Broccoli and Anal Sex Charlie Furbush (MR) 17 3
Broccoli and Anal Sex Elliot Johnson (SS) 17 6
The Flaming Roosters Brett Anderson (SP) 16 1
Team Erickson Jim Thome (1B) 15 4
Low Talkers Andres Torres (CF) 12 8
Yesterday's News 2 Tyler Moore (LF) 11 4
The Flaming Roosters David Phelps (MR) 9
Yesterday's News 2 Drew Pomeranz (SP) 7
Velociraptors of Victory Ramon Hernandez (C) 7
Team Jurney Felipe Paulino (SP) 5
Sakas' hitters Carlos Villanueva (MR) 5
DiamondKing David Hernandez (MR) 5
Team Jurney Leonys Martin (CF) 3
Team Jurney Michael McKenry (C) 3
Yesterday's News 2 Luis Mendoza (SP) 3
Sakas' hitters Yuniesky Betancourt (2B) 3
MORONS+ WAY-D Sergio Santos (MR) 2
MORONS+ WAY-D Barry Zito (SP) 2 2
The Flaming Roosters Justin Ruggiano (LF) 2
Texas Connection Neftali Feliz (SP) 2
Velociraptors of Victory Jose Lopez (3B) 1
Sakas' hitters John Hester (C) 1
Sakas' hitters Casper Wells (LF) 1
Murder Inc. Josh Collmenter (SP) 1
Murder Inc. Hisashi Iwakuma (MR) 1
- Having some trouble with the formatting today, so bear with me on the tables.
- I'm in a power slump lately, losing ground on HR/RBI in my league and overall. Back to back sub .200 days haven't helped either. I was up to 3rd place earlier in the week, but dropped back to fifth after Saturday's games. Sunday's games brought more slumping ways at the plate.
- I don't know what to do about Bryan LaHair. I can't cut him, but he's hard to play when he's only starting 4-5 games per week. He did get a start against a lefty Saturday, which is at least progress.
Satellite League (82 points, 6/15); $284 remaining.
Team Player Bid Runner-Up
Toasted Oat Squares Jim Thome (1B) 197 62
Fox Force Five Yasmani Grandal (C) 101 65
Old School Lucas Harrell (SP) 65
MAHALO Jeff Samardzija (SP) 51 32
Motorboat Jones A.J. Griffin (SP) 41 7
Team DeMay Zach McAllister (SP) 22
Golden XM Mark Ellis (2B) 21
Toasted Oat Squares Tyler Moore (LF) 17 11
Team Beeler Chris Young (SP) 16
Old School Travis Blackley (SP) 13
Sack Satellite Andres Torres (CF) 13 1
The Voice of Reason Travis Wood (SP) 12 5
Golden XM David Hernandez (MR) 11
Golden XM Jose Tabata (RF) 7 2
Sack Satellite Martin Perez (SP) 7
MAHALO Carlos Villanueva (MR) 7
Fox Force Five Chris Carter (1B) 5
Dickie V Peter Bourjos (CF) 4 1
Fox Force Five Jeff Karstens (SP) 3 1
Sack Satellite Jordan Lyles (SP) 3
Sack Satellite Leonys Martin (CF) 1
Team Walker Brian Bogusevic (RF) 1
Birraioli Yonder Alonso (1B) 1
Birraioli Brian Matusz (SP) 1
- Dan Hudson was the latest pitcher to assassinate my team. I should have been in on the bidding on McAllister here too to replace Hudson - not sure how I missed him on the wire.
- Jordan Lyles was a sneaky-good $1 bid, with two starts this week, one against the Pirates.