Lord Stanley Knotted At Two
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- Welcome to the postseason, Jonathan Toews -- you finally got off the schnide. You should have probably had two goals and you made the winner possible. Have the Bruins woken the bear?
- So, what was up with Zdeno Chara? He was frustrated one minute and falling the next. And he was a better door than window for Tuukka Rask on the game winner. I guess he can have one bad game.
- Hmmmm ... you think the scouting report on Corey Crawford is "glove high"? Seems like he has the James Reimer syndrome, eh? Just wait until the new goalie equipment specs strip him of about six inches of pads this offseason. Sell high, keeper owners. Leverage this postseason. Now.
- How recently was Brent Seabrook the dog? Two overtime winners later and he's "the man."
- Marian Hossa doesn't have an upper body injury -- did you see him fire that puck? No strength loss there. But there's something wonky about his right leg. Despite that, he makes a different. The Hawks' lines are way harder to defend with him in there.
- Was it me or did Brad Marchand look like a bit of a punching bag out there? He was bounced around a lot Wednesday. It's usually him doing the bouncing. Result? Minus-3.
- Interesting anecdote? The Hawks win when Jonathan Toews wins more than 50 percent of his faceoffs. They lose when he doesn't. Pretty simple equation ...
- Why the heck was Nick Leddy stapled to the bench the entire game? OK, for all but four shifts. Was he really that bad?