Lord Stanley Game Two
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- How many Hawks can a Bruin hit if a Bruin could hit Hawks? Answer? 50. Wow. Hit the ice tubs, boys.
- Jaromir Jagr and his anti-beard -- so close, yet so far, far away. Maybe the posts have fattened up over the duration of his career.
- What's your over-under on overtimes this series? Geez. Enough already.
- Whoa -- Jay Feaster tossed the sixth, 22nd and and 28th picks in this year's Entry Draft at the Avs for the top pick overall, but was rebuffed. I'd consider it in a deep draft like this one, particularly if you're planning on taking Seth Jones. No offense, but it just takes a while for defenders to deliver and it'd just make Feaster look worse ... unless he really was targeting Nathan McKinnon.
- I like what Corey Crawford has done, but Team Canada? Really? I'm not sure I'll ever be sold on a puck blocker being a better twinetender than a real athlete.
- Dan Paille, you da man. It was a beautiful snipe, though. The Bruins' fourth line sure came up big.
- There was really nowhere but up for the Bruins after that first. Yikes. The Bruins climbed the hill over the course of the game while the Hawks lost serious steam. Bad combination for Chicago.
- I dunno about that no-goal call in the first. I know there's that thing called "intent" to blow the whistle, but that was awfully late.