Lord Stanley Game One
Just a few things that caught my eye:
- I almost went to bed after the third Boston goal. What a mistake that would have been, eh?! Cue the comeback.
- Zdeno Chara was working his suffocating magic on Jonathan Toews all night long. Funny thing? It was Phil Kessel who was the only guy who consistently beat the big man. Who'd a thunk?
- Nathan Horton just can't catch a break, can he? That dreaded UBI (upper body injury) looked like a separation to me.
- Speaking of UBIs -- what's Patrick Sharp hiding? He missed five games at the end of the season for that UBI and now he seems to be afraid to shoot.
- Too many men on the ice. C'mon Chicago -- fatigue clearly makes your brain stop working. Over and over again.
- So, who got the worst of that hit in the second OT? Milan Lucic or Jaromir Jagr? I get it in beer league, but here? So much for that three-on-one ...
- Lucic's release is quicker than Quick Draw McGraw. Absolute lightning.