Archive June 2014
All of the articles archived for the month that you have specified are displayed below.
Blue Jackets Draft Recap
What I Think You Should Know About The USMNT
La-La-La-L.A. Gets Lord Stanley!
- Alec Martinez's Cup-winning goal celebration? # priceless. I wonder if he'll ever get his gloves back.
- Henrik Lundqvist stopped the 50th shot of the game. He couldn't stop the 51st. #connsmythe if the Rangers had found a way to come back in this series.
NHL Playoff Observations -- Stanley Cup Final: No Sweep
- So, the Kings get to lift the Cup on home ice. Isn't that sweet. Then again, the Rangers could have been lifting the silver chalice tonight. They've played well, but have almost nothing to show for it.
- How many times can a puck stop on the goal line if a puck could stop on a goal line? Now I understand why my beer league goalie is always scraping the crease and piling the snow along the goal line and in a pile at each post ...
NHL Playoff Observations -- Stanley Cup Final Game 2
- Justin Williams for Conn Smythe? It's really not a stretch any more. Anze Kopitar should get it, but he who gets quiet in the Final often gets the shaft.
- When is goalie interference not goalie interference? We shouldn't be surprised, though -- wasn't it the ref at center ice that made the interference call when Henrik Lundqvist got elbowed in the head in the trapezoid? Maybe things look bigger -- and more obvious -- from far away.
NHL Playoff Observations -- Stanley Cup Final Game 1
- Three goals, all on the blocker side. Coincidence or a chink in King Henrik Lundqvist's armor?
- Note to the Rangers -- keep your foot on your opponent's throat once you have it there. Do not take pity on them. Do not let them up.
NHL Playoff Observations -- The Cup Is Set
- Three of the Kings' five goals were scored when blocked shots went wrong. Don Cherry is right in this case -- make damn sure you block it or get out of the bloody way.
- Two more points for Justin Williams. Most points EVER in the history of Game 7s. Seriously.