Archive May 2014
All of the articles archived for the month that you have specified are displayed below.
NHL Playoff Observations -- Headed to Game 7
- How is it that the deeper the Hawks go in a series, the better they get? They're 13-0 in games five, six and seven over the last two years. #clutch.
- Two words: Patrick Kane. No, Patrick FREAKING Kane. Four assists last game and now two goals and an assist this one? He had one point in his first four games this series. Conn Smythe ... again?
NHL Playoff Observations -- One Down, One to Go
- Was that Dominic Hasek inside Henrik Lundqvist's equipment? Holy twist/roll/backflip blocker save, eh! He was lucky he didn't accidentally score an own goal.
- Every year, there's a foreshadowing of future greatness one or two young players. Is Brandon Saad this year's version? I like what I see. A lot.
Lance & LeBron
NHL Playoff Observations -- Conference Finals Nearing End?
- #outofgas. Chicago and Montreal. Sad really. I wanted that final.
- Jake Muzzin: five goals in 18 playoff games. It took him 76 to hit that mark in the regular season. Sell high. Just because Frank the Tank has a Muzzin jersey doesn't mean you should, too.
NHL Playoff Observations -- Conference Finals Thursday
- Puck luck. That's what you get when you just fire the puck at the net, Montreal. Good things happen ... like Alexander Galchenyuk scoring with his eye teeth. #takewhatyouget
- Six straight. L.A. out-Chicagoed Chicago. Wow.
NHL Playoff Observations -- Conference Finals Monday
- Four and done? I HATE the thought of the Rangers skating their way into the Cup Finals. Spit.
- Corey Crawford -- the Rodney Dangerfield of goalies. He don't get no respect. Pity. The guy has been dialled in for a few years now and people still doubt him.
NHL Playoff Observations -- Eastern Conference Game 1
- Do you think the Habs regret that Ryan McDonagh trade? Where are Scott Gomez, Tom Pyatt and Michael Busto any way?
- Saturday night is for hockey. Saturday afternoon is for mountain biking, at least in my world. NBC ratings have sucked for years -- why does the league sacrifice -- or should I say, take for granted -- Canadian audiences? Ugh.
NHL Playoff Observations -- The Night the Lights Went Out in Boston
- Is Zdeno Chara hurt or is he just getting old? Maybe it's a bit of both ... That own goal was unlucky, but that wouldn't have happened a couple years ago.
- Carey Price is so laid back he might actually be comatose. Don't crack a smile, dude. Don't do it.
NHL Playoff Observations -- Round Two, Monday
- Speed kills ... at least it does at home. It's clearly the Bruins' kryptonite. Now if only Montreal could figure out how to bring that game to Boston.
- I guess King Henrik Lunqvist didn't want to be outdone by a fourth-liner in Boston. Or maybe he thought the electrolyte mix in his bottle would be like salt in the wounds of Sidney Crosby. That little squirt was expensive.
NHL Playoff Observations -- Round 2 Saturday
- Is John Gibson Bruce Boudreau's Ken Dryden?
- So ... you land here from outer space and you've never seen hockey. You've dropped into New York and you're watching the Rangers. Is it fair that you think Mats Zuccarello is a much better player than Rick Nash?
NHL Playoff Observations -- Round Two Thursday
- Matt Fraser -- the first player to score OT winners in both the AHL and NHL playoffs in the same season. #livingthedream.
- The Leafs re-upped Randy Carlyle. Really? Was firing all of his assistants, including "his" guys, a not-so-subtle signal that he needs to reinvent himself? Does a leopard ever change his spots?
Mock-It-Yourself: The Cowboys 3.0
Could Thunder Ride Durant's MVP Speech to NBA Finals?
NHL Playoff Observations -- Round Two Tuesday
- The Kings and the Blackhawks are the class of the league. The Bruins are a step behind them. The rest? They might as well be in the AHL.
- Has Marc-Andre Fleury exorcized his demons? I thought not. Neither has Ilya Bryzgalov.
NHL Playoff Observations -- Round Two Sunday
- Come here; go away. No, come here. No, no, no -- go AWAY. OK, come here. It's every fan's love affair with Marc-Andre Fleury.
- Bryan Bickell has three goals against the Wild. The Wild have three goals against the Hawks. Just saying. BTW, how much as the Wild paying those two big free agents?
NHL Playoff Observations -- Round Two, Games 1
- Hey Tuukka Rask -- pucks are not flies. Stop slapping at them. You'll miss them. Every time.
- Don't blame the Bruins -- or their real fans -- for the vitriolic and racist tweets of cowardly, boneheaded trolls who haven't got enough self-respect to live somewhere other than their mother's basement. P.K. Subban is having a brilliant postseason. Real Bruins fan respect that. And they'd want him in black and gold if he came on the market.