Archive April 2012
All of the articles archived for the month that you have specified are displayed below.
NHL Playoff Observations -- Monday
- Alexander Semin was on the wrong side of the grocery stick most of the night. You know, that spot between the back-up goalie and the rest of the team ... the one where the dead wood goes so it doesn't get in the way of on-the-fly changes.
- Honey badger don't care. Honey badger doesn't give a $%!&. T.J. Oshie gave up four inches and 50 pounds to Dustin Penner, but he didn't care. Then again, honey badger didn't care when he hit Rick Nash a few years ago, either. I wonder if the NHL would let me get a Blues #74 jersey with Honey Badger on the back.
That doesn't mean you can't take advantage of the market's early overreaction, but you'll have to aim a little lower and take on quite a bit more risk. The players listed below are those who should be available at an actual discount.
NHL Playoff Observations -- Sunday
- Kevin Klein's on-his-back, twist pass was a little bit Alexander Ovechkin and a little bit Bobby Orr, too. He won't repeat the feat, but it just shows how well Nashville drafts defenders.
- The only Flyer who showed up ready to play in the first period? None other than Ilya Bryzgalov -- he was the only reason Philly was only down one goal after 20.
NFBC Week #4 FAAB Results
Holland vs Price - Pitchers Duel?
Can anyone stop the Rangers offense? The perfect time to strike the Over total is when two teams that can hit are facing good pitching. Price keeps the Over around 9 as he is one of the leagues best, but has never defeated the Rangers. Holland is the Rangers ace, but has an ERA of 6.51 vs the Rays.
Betting on the Pirates Again!
Pretty solid day yesterday as we won on the Cards and underdog Pirates. Lost on the Cubs as Blanton found his game.
NHL Playoff Observations -- Round Two Begins
- How long can Mike Smith keep this up? Six of the 'Yotes seven games have gone to OT. And on Friday night, they were outshot 25-7 after the second period. When does exhaustion set in?
- Chris Keider -- no wonder the Rangers didn't want to give him up to get Rick Nash.
Cowboys Draft: First Blush Thoughts
Betting on Lohse and the Freak!
Good heavens Lohse and the Cards -155 at home vs Estrada and the Chips cast? Take the Cards who pound the Brewers!
Poor Twins Fans
Top-20 Rookie IDP Players...So Far
Some NBA Predictions
Handing out awards while giving a brief playoff preview:
Top 20 Fantasy Football Rookies....So Far.
My Daily Joust Lineup:
Click here to sign up:
Daily Joust Contest
My lineup is after the jump:
Staff Keeper League Notes: Week 4 Free Agents
2012 2nd Round NFL Mock Draft: The Aftermath
NHL Playoff Observations -- Thursday
- Is it me or did Daniel Alfredsson's post-game handshakes look a little on the final side? I hope not -- he was the best Sen on the ice.
- John Madden zigged when he should have zagged -- it's remarkable he could come back from this hit. No more pretty boy after that.
2012 NFL Draft Live Blog, First Round
My Packers Draft Class
Matusz on the hill....run to the ATM!
Grand Slam - Bet the house. You will notice I will not have many of these games throughout the year. I would have picked the Red Sox over the Twins last night though. I was at the game and have a pretty good read on the Twins.
Home Run - Solid pick. Bet the car.
Triple - Make the books nervous.
Double - Where to start if you are in a hole.
Single - Better than a bet just to bet, but not by much.
Caught Stealing - Stay away there are better games on the slate. Think of Kershaw vs Halladay. Why would you take either side? That is called betting just to bet.
Final Mock Draft: Crazy Trade Edition
Final First-Round Mock
A look around the league:
NHL Playoff Observations -- Wednesday
- Do not be surprised if the Bruins send Tim Thomas packing this summer. He was solid enough, but was out-goaltended by a rookie. And he's probably out of favor in the room after tossing his teammates under the bus earlier in the series.
- It couldn't have happened to a better guy. Joel Ward sniped the winner after taking the hard road to the NHL -- he spent four full years playing hockey for the University of PEI Panthers in the CIS before signing an AHL contract and then working his way up.
Can You Beat Jeff Erickson?
We have partnered with DailyJoust.com to give our users an opportunity to compete against Rotowire experts in Daily Fantasy games this baseball season.
Cubs Sweep? Twins Upset? Hughes vs Rangers = $$
My name is Tom Vara and my goal is to make you some money betting on baseball period. I have been betting on all sports for over 20 years, but enjoy baseball wagering simply because I love the game. However, the time to bet on any sport is never the first week as there is too much unknown. For instance how about those Angels who looked so great on paper? How about the first place Nationals? Now, a few weeks in we have a better picture of how the 2012 season may shape up. So lets get to it!
NHL Playoff Observations -- Tuesday
- Ilya Kovalchuk needed to be the best offensive player on the ice. He was. His goal was incredible, but his feather pass on the winner was sublime.
- The perils of youth. Dmitry Kulikov's single crossover to the left as Ilya Kovalchuk entered the zone opened the passing lane to Travis Zajac for the winning goal. He won't fall for that again.